Take care of all the funeral pre-arrangement details and give you and your family the peace-of-mind you deserve. You can have your service anywhere, and any way, you want. When planning your arrangement, it is important to write out your final plan with as many details as possible, then send it to your local Starks chapel, the funeral home and your executor. Your choices include the place of celebration, day of the week, and time of day; the musical selection, what prayers will be said or songs you’d like sung. We would be happy to help you. Contact us if you have any questions.
Use the two options below to start your planning process.
Funeral Pre-Arrangement Checklist
Finances and property
- Create a list of people who should be contacted in case of a medical emergency or death.
- Give your executor(s) a copy of your will, the contact list, and a list of the following: bank/investment accounts, creditors, mortgage, insurance policy, retirement plans, safe deposit, real and personal valuable possessions and all related phone numbers.
- Also give your executor(s) benefit information from Social Security, Old Age Security and Veterans’ Administration so they can suspend payments.
- Select someone to control your online accounts (email, online memberships, social media, etc.).
- Decide who you would like to take care of your pets.
- Note what you want in your obituary or write your own.
- State in writing if you want a burial or cremation. If you prefer a burial, choose your cemetery and casket, and purchase your burial plot. For cremation, note what you want done with your ashes.
- Would you like a traditional funeral service, a memorial service or simply a burial service?
- What location do you want your celebration of life and what activities do you want included?
- Decide what music or special readings you want.
- Choose the types and colors of flowers.
- Would you like to select a charitable organization to donate to in your name?
- If you’re a veteran, would you like to receive full military honors as part of your service?
- Consider paying ahead of time for your funeral choices.
Using the online pre-planning tool
This step-by-step interactive form can be used to record your end-of-life plan. When it is completed, you can send the completed form to our staff for safekeeping. You will be asked to create an account so you can login at any time to complete or change the plan.